Sunday, November 21, 2010

All is good in the hood...

Ok, first off. I should probably try to change this up a bit instead of posting every Sunday. But in my defense, Sundays are the best days to catch up on this because everything (except a few restaurants here in Zurich) is closed. It is supposed to be a day of family and reflection, so I guess posting on my blog falls into the whole reflection category.

So I guess I jumped the gun in my last posts regarding the apartment search. As frustrated as I felt Sunday evening when writing, Monday morning came with a great surprise that basically makes the previous post null and void.

Just before I was going to board the plane to Barcelona, I received the wonderful news that my application for the apartment in Seefeld was accepted!! As mentioned, now it seems silly to have been stressing out over the apartment search, because when I get the one I want, it doesn't seem to matter that I had lost 2 the week before. This actually worked out perfectly as Seefeld is really the area I wanted to living in. Huge expat population, lots of bars and restaurants, and right by the lake. So I am happy to report that as of 1 Dec, I will be a Seefeld resident. And by the way, this apartment is gorgeous (minus a couple of flaws like the kitchen and bathroom colors). As soon as this place is mine, I will post pictures of the apartment itself and the neighborhood. And one of the only nice things about apartments in Zurich, that it may take a miracle to get one, but once you do, it is yours until you basically want to move. I don't have a limit on my rental agreement. Which is nice, because I can finally have the peace of mind about this whole housing situation. So the week definitely started off with a bang!

So I spent the whole last week in Barcelona. I know what you are thinking, tough life, right?! Well it kinda was because we had long days (and long nights). I was there for 2 different meetings but it seemed like deja vu because we ate at the same restaurant with the same menu and went out to the same club for each meeting!! Someone on the planning committee for both of those events definitely didn't talk! But overall, the trip to Barcelona was good. We had a lot going on. We started the week with a Product Managers Meeting with all of the PMs from all of the countries to discuss new product launches for 2011. I then had a cadaver lab I had to attend....i know, i know. Cadaver lab sounds awful. It kinda is but it is part of the world of medical devices. Nothing I can change about that! While the course was going on, I actually had the pleasure to work with a film crew - we are creating videos for upcoming National Sales meetings, and I was in charge of working with the producer and director to get the interviews and shots I wanted. Felt like B-list Hollywood!! But it was good fun.

Well both meetings went well (thank god!) and got back late Friday night. But an entire week in Barcelona with very little sleep made for one very exhausted Sheena Marina. But yesterday, I was back to my usual antics and went out Saturday night. Had a great night (and one too many glasses of white wine...hahaha!). But overall was a good weekend.

So I know this post was probably not as interesting as the others since there were no stories of how the Swiss do things, but that is probably because I was gone the entire week, so I didn't have any opportunities to experience the Swiss idiosyncracies first hand. This week I will be in the office, but its going to be another crazy week, with more filming and a big Business review meeting. It is probably good that I will so busy. I think I am experiencing the first pangs of homesickness. I just realized that this week is Thanksgiving. I'm quite sad that I am missing it actually. It will be first time that I am missing Thanksgiving completely and the first time in 5 years to be missing out on our Patel family Thanksgiving tradition (which includes even more Patels....obviously!!) Hey Patel families (you know which ones I am referring to...) - I will miss you guys this year. Have a great time and have an extra G&T for me!!!

Happy thanksgiving everyone! Until next time, which in all honesty will most likely be next Sunday. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Happy early thanksgiving!!!!! Sounds like your settling right in....hope you find some nice friends to spend the holiday with!!!

    ReplyDelete