Sunday, May 20, 2012

Spring Fever

Hi everyone! So it definitely has been awhile since I last wrote. It is now the middle of May, and we are entering Spring/Summer here in Zurich. I would be lying if I said I am not looking forward to truly warmer weather. We have had a few great days, but here's hoping for some consistency in the Zurich weather pattern!

Since my last post, I have seriously been all over the place. For both pleasure and for work, which makes for a nice mix of travels. And honestly, the work travel is about to get crazy...but more about that a little bit later on. So shall we start the recap??

At the end of March, I had the pleasure of visiting Budapest for a weekend with Ms. Andrea Rappaport! We went for the weekend, and I have to say my first trip to Eastern Europe was seriously amazing. The city of Budapest is truly a sight to see, and I would recommend it to anyone. I have heard that it is pretty similar to Prague, but I haven't been to Prague so I can't say one way or the other. But regardless, Budapest is absolutely amazing. I think the whole trip was made better because I was being shown the city by a local. I think it makes all of the difference in the world - you see the city in a completely different way. And for the record, Andrea was the best hostess! Andrea and I flew in Friday and we spent the weekend visiting some of her favorite hangouts - restaurants and bars. In terms of cuisine, I really like Hungarian food. It has so many different flavors, and the use of paprika just adds to the overall taste. It was a nice change from the Swiss cuisine! Andrea also took me to some of her favorite clubs/bars, and I have to say, i was completely impressed. Each one of these clubs had been old houses that were converted into bars/restaurants. Multiple rooms, multiple DJs....really cool! I also had the pleasure of meeting Andrea's family. It was so nice to meet them. As mentioned before, I love meeting the parents of my friends. It just put the friendship in a whole new perspective. Andrea met my parents when they were here in August, and I finally got the chance to meet hers. They were so welcoming and so nice! Andrea - thanks for introducing me to your family!  It was a true honor to meet them! Also, my good friend Andreas was in town the same weekend. It was cool to see the town through his eyes as well. It was like I had a chance to export some of my friends from Zurich to Budapest, which was really cool. I also got to meet some of Andrea's closest friends. That was pretty awesome as well. It was the same feeling I had when Satya was here and got to meet my friends. Here are some pics of the trip to Budapest. Enjoy!










Budapest was an amazing trip, but I had to get on a plane the very next day to Hamburg for an MIS Special Forces. The training went well, but it has been pretty nonstop at work since then. I've been in Nice for a week! I was there for an Integrity Selling coaching course, but let's be honest, there are worse places to spend a week than Nice! I made a couple of trips to Leeds and then spent a week in Wokingham in our Pinewood office right outside of London. I got to spend a weekend in London, catching up with Matt and Palak, which was really cool. Even though I had to say goodbye to Matt last year, it gives me someone to go visit, and just expands my reach and network! I had a great time in London catching up with my friends. I don't have to tell many of you, but London is a great city. There is such a buzz about it which is hard to find. Great times had by all!

I have also had the pleasure of meeting some new Swiss friends here in Zurich. I have to thank one of my good friends for introducing me to his friends, and really allowing me to start to expand my network. Of course it takes time to make close friends, especially with locals. But I am so honored that I have had the chance to start on that path. They have been so warm and welcoming and friendly, and I really appreciate getting to know them. You know, a lot of people say that the Swiss are difficult to get to know. In some ways that is true. But I have to say that if you put yourself out there and are open, I think they would be more than welcoming. Of course it needs time, but if you are willing to put in the effort, it pays off! A big shoutout to O for introducing me to your circle!

So as you can see, the past couple of months have been filled with many trips, for both work and pleasure. Also, I have had the chance to meet new friends along the way, which keeps life movin and shakin! Now that the weather has gotten somewhat better, my friends and I have been doing quite a few BBQs by the lake and at the Letten. You know, Switzerland is so efficient, I love it. A couple of weeks ago, I was introduced to these one-time use disposable grills! Basically a foil tray with coal....you just light the wax paper on top and you have yourself one great grill!! It's amazing the things that this country produces! I love it!!

So I am sitting here preparing myself mentally for the rather insane travel schedule coming up. It starts next weekend in Amsterdam - where I will be able to celebrate the last year of my 20s!!!!! My schedule from here on out is a bit nuts - Amsterdam - Oberdorf - Hamburg - London - MADEIRA!! - Rome - KENTUCKY!! - Dubai - South Africa. So crazy work schedule, but definitely some good trips in the middle! I will be sure to keep you posted on all of the travels. I apologize in advance, but it may be a few months before I can post again, but will do so as soon as I have the chance. I will definitely have a lot to talk about in the next post!

Thanks again for reading! Hope you are enjoying the posts. I'll check in soon again! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment